Stay With Us
It is our pleasure to provide you with a home away from home while you are staying in Columbia. We are not a hotel – rather, we offer a communal living environment in which all guests share responsibility for keeping our home safe, clean, and operating smoothly. The House welcomes families regardless of income, race, religion, nationality, gender, or abilities. The House is set up as a community living arrangement where families can sleep, eat, take a shower, do their laundry, watch TV and most importantly, spend time with other families in similar situations.
To be eligible to stay at the Ronald McDonald House, you must:
- Be a parent/legal guardian of a child 21 years of age or younger who is being treated at a Columbia medical facility.
- Live outside of Boone County.
- First-time guests must be referred by a clinical nurse, physician, or clinic social worker.
- Returning families may call the House directly.
- Upon checking into the Ronald McDonald House, all adults must present a photo ID.
- All guests must pass a background check (no violent charges of any kind or any charges concerning abuse or neglect of a child) and agree to some general House rules.
Amenities and What to Expect
A lot of people want to know what makes us different than a hotel. We offer comfortable rooms to sleep in and private baths, but that is where the similarities end. We do not have housekeeping staff. Rather, we have Guest Relations Staff that are here to take care of you, so you can take care of your little one. We do ask that you pick up after yourselves to help keep the House well maintained, but we will never ask you to do chores.
- One private bedroom per family (accommodates up to four individuals)
- Private bath and shower facilities
- Kitchen, laundry, outdoor playground and recreation facilities
- TV lounge, family room, outdoor porch and grill
- Internet access
- Pantry items, fresh foods and dinner prepared by local community groups, organizations and volunteer families.
- Ample parking
- Friendly and supportive environment with other families experiencing similar stresses and concerns
There is no cost to stay at the Ronald McDonald House of Mid-Missouri. We are a charitable organization that relies on the generosity of others to help keep us up and running. Any donation you are able to make towards your stay is greatly appreciated.
Autism Friendly Business
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Mid-Missouri has demonstrated commitment to welcoming individuals and families affected by autism. We are proud to say that 100% of our staff has completed training with the University of Missouri Thompson Center for Autism and Neurodevelopmental Disorders to become an Autism Friendly Business.