Group Volunteer Opportunities
Volunteer as a Group
Volunteering as a group is a great way to connect with others while making a difference and having fun! We have several opportunities for groups available – please read over our group volunteer guidelines below, and then contact our Community Relations Assistant, Heather Westenhaver, at firstname.lastname@example.org or by calling 573-443-7666 ext. 314 for more information!
Group Volunteer Guidelines:
- Groups may consist of up to ten volunteers at one time. Groups that are larger than ten people can either divide into smaller shifts, or split up and sign-up for more than one opportunity.
- Groups that include volunteers under the age of 18 must have at least one adult present at all times.
- Group volunteer opportunities (with the exception of the meal program and special events) are only scheduled during the week (Monday-Friday), between the hours of 9 and 6pm.
Ongoing Group Volunteer Opportunities
Provide a Meal – This is a fantastic way for a family, friends, or any group to give back and bond at the same time! You can sign-up to host weekend brunch or dinner any day of the year. Find out more information on our Provide a Meal page.
Host a Fundraiser / Supply Drive – Events are a great way for your business, service organization or group of friends to help the House. It’s easy and fun to organize fundraisers such as bake sales, block parties, car washes, or even a supply drive to generate much-needed funding and supplies. Find out more information on our Host a Fundraiser page.
Help with our Quarterly House Cleaning –Once a quarter, volunteers help us clean the House in our quarterly cleaning opportunity. Duties include everything from vacuuming to washing windows to organizing our pantry! See group guidelines above and contact our Community Relations Assistant, Heather Westenhaver, for more information at Heather@rmhcmidmo.org
Help with a Special Event –Throughout the year we host several signature events to help support our mission. If you are interested in volunteering at any of the events listed below, please contact email@example.com for more information!
- Pull Tab Pandemonium – Saturday, April 29, 2017: Schools, groups, and individuals compete to collect the highest number of pull tabs! Tabs are recycled and turned into funds to help support the costs of running the House. The event is held in conjunction with Safe Kids Day and includes a bounce house, games and activities for kids, lunch, meeting the real Ronald McDonald, and much more!
- Fore the House Golf Tournament – Monday, June 26, 2017: More than 200 players will enjoy an 18-hole, four-person scramble complete with greenside drinks, snacks, and games, at the Country Club of Missouri.
- Red Shoe Bike Ride – Saturday, August 26, 2016: Riders can choose a 20, 35, or 62 mile route, with rest stops run by volunteers. All rides start and finish at Shakespeare’s Pizza South. Afterward, approximately 200 riders and their supporters will celebrate with live music, pizza, and a Bur Oak Brewing Co. Beer Garden.