Provide A Meal
Help give our Families a Taste of Home
Having a child in the hospital can be challenging for any family. Cooking a meal for themselves is the last thing they want to think about after sitting by their child’s bedside all day. We have up to 18 hungry families at any given time and coming home to a home cooked meal is something our families greatly appreciate. When you’re serving a meal, you get to experience the togetherness of our House and the thankfulness of our families.
We have Breakfast and Dinner opportunities 365 days a year, as well as opportunities for smaller groups to come in during the day and prepare casseroles and/or cookies for us to freeze and use at a later date. Hosting a meal is not only a fun way to give back, it’s a fantastic bonding experience for any group! Bring your friends, family, co-workers, or community group and be what makes our House a Home. Here is how it works:
STEP 1: Look over the Guidelines
- What time do we serve the meal? Weekend Brunches should be ready by 10:30am and Dinner by 6:00pm (Meals can be prepared earlier upon request).
- How many volunteers can my group have and what are the age limits? The maximum group size is 10 people. Children are able to help as long as adults are present throughout the meal preparation.
- What do we need to provide besides food? We ask groups to consider bringing something from our Wish List if possible.
- What should we cook? We have no food restrictions so groups can provide any menu of choice. You can also use the meal calendar to see what is being cooking in the days before your group is signed up to help. Want more inspiration? Check out our RMHC Meal Pinterest Board for great recipes fit for groups!
- How many families are we cooking for? We typically have a full house of 18 families, which is an average of about 40 individuals per meal.
- Can I prepare food at home and bring it in? All meals must be prepared in a commercial kitchen, therefore must be either cooked at the Ronald McDonald House or catered in from a grocery store or restaurant.
- It’s our first time providing a meal. What if we need help? A staff member will be available to answer questions and assist with anything your group needs. We’re also happy to give your group a quick tour of the property if you’d like!
- Does the RMHC accept food donations? Yes, we are always in need of canned and dry goods, individual snack items, as well as basic everyday household items (paper towels, etc.). We have a Wish List available with our most needed items.
STEP 2: Sign-Up!!
To sign-up for a meal take a look at the calendar and see if there are any open dates that fit your schedule. Use the form below to submit your request and we will confirm your request within 2-3 business days. You can sign up for a one time meal, or sign-up recurring on a weekly, monthly, or yearly basis!
Still have Questions? Feel free to email email@example.com or call the House at (573) 443-7666
Sign-up to prepare meals we can freeze
You can also sign-up to come and cook casseroles, lasagnas, soups, or cookies for us to freeze and use at a later date (when we’re short on food or if a meal provider has to cancel). This opportunity is available on weekdays between 11am and 2pm. Groups of up to 6 people bring the ingredients and the helping hands, and help prepare meals and treats for us to freeze. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to sign-up for a date!
Sign-up for our “On-Call List”
Sign-up to be on our “On-Call List”! Simply leave your name and email, if you would like to be contacted when we are in need of a meal provider.
A special thank you
A very special THANK YOU to Veterans United Foundation for their support of the family meal program. This grant helps offset the costs of purchasing food when we have no meal provider or when our pantry is low. We appreciate their support!