Guest Relations Staff
This is a part-time position that is responsible for ensuring families are provided a friendly, safe, clean, and comfortable environment during their temporary stay at Ronald McDonald House in Mid-Missouri. Guest Relations staff provide assistance to guest families as needed, check guest families in/out, update records, and maintain, prepare and clean rooms and common areas of the House.
- Greet and register families checking in and out ensuring they are comfortable with their room assignment and policies of the house during their stay.
- Assist families during their stay by answering questions, providing information, resolving problems.
- Ensure that rooms are clean and ready for newly arriving families.
- Answer phone and respond to inquiries; provide information to callers, visitors and families.
- Record donations and maintain various records such as logs, reports and other issues or problems.
- Wash dishes and cleans rooms, bathrooms and kitchen areas. Stock and maintain supplies.
- Ensure the House is secure at all times.
- Assist volunteers with special services and programs such as the Family Meal program.
- Report maintenance problems to ensure they are handled promptly.
- Prepare and send correspondence as appropriate.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Qualifications and Expectations To perform this job successfully, an individual must:
- enjoy working with people
- be able to work independently and as part of a team
- conduct themselves in a professional manner
- be self-motivated
- be comfortable de-escalating conflicts and executing House policies in the absence of a supervisor or manager with the safety of guests, staff and volunteers in mind
- be kind, compassionate and understanding while working with individuals who represent a variety of socio-economic backgrounds and cultures.
Education and Experience Equivalent to high school diploma. Knowledge of general office functions, including computer, phones and customer service.
To apply for a position with Ronald McDonald House Charities of Mid-Missouri, please download our Employment Application. (for an accessible pdf version please contact firstname.lastname@example.org)
Completed applications, along with your resume, may be emailed to email@example.com or submitted by mail to:
Ronald McDonald House Charities of Mid-Missouri
Attn: Human Resources
3501 Lansing Avenue
Columbia, MO 65201